Hello ladies! Fall officially is here. The leaves are turning colours, kids are back in school and pumpkin spice has invaded our coffee shops. Here at 180 degrees we know the difficulty of keeping hair looking healthy and shiny during the colder months of the year. Are your tired of frizzy, dry hair that just keeps splitting at the ends? We don’t want your to struggle any longer! Here are some awesome tips to keep the moisture and shine in your hair all year long:
- Wash your hair sparingly and with good quality shampoo. Over washing will dry out your hair and strips it of essential oils. Be sure to wash your hair every other day. If possible wash only twice a week.
- Go with a shampoo that works with your hair type. For fine hair we recommend Loreal Volumetry shampoo to keep your hair looking full. For oily hair we recommend you wash your hair once a week with Pureology
Clarifying shampoo to lift oil and keep shin. For coloured hair we recommend Loreal Vitamino Color a-ox shampoo to protect your colour and shin. For dry hair we recommend Bed Head Recovery shampoo and conditioner to resto
re frizzy, brittle ends. We carry all these products in store for a great price.
- Let your hair dry naturally. Using a blow dryer occasionally is fine but over using can lead to split ends. B
e sure to use a wide comb when brushing wet hair to reduce breakage. If you wash your hair before bed try putting it in a bun and it will be dry and naturally wavy in the morning.
- Trim your hair regularly! To keep your hair healthy and long get a trim every 6 to 8 weeks. You will continue to get length and remove the split ends.
- Eat healthy! This is so important. Your hair is made of protein and it need nutrients to stay healthy. Vitamin C strengthens hair, omega-3 grows healthy hair and zinc repairs.
- Remove stress! Studies show that stress can cause hair loss and cause you to go grey earlier. Go for a walk, a pedicure or take a yoga class. Relax!
Follow these simple tips and you will keep your luscious locks looking gorgeous. Come into the salon anytime and book a consultation with one of our stylists to better assess your personal hair needs. We treat all types of hair and would love to take the time to pamper your hair with a deep conditioning treatment or do a complete hair transformation.
Contact us for more information.